Hisense USA Corp.
“Hisense Talking Trash Sunday Football Live Tweeting Sweepstakes”
To enter and participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account, and Twitter account to participate. Winners will be randomly selected.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
This Sweepstakes is independent of the other #HisenseUpgradeSeason Sweepstakes which may be offered contemporaneously or in the near future by Sponsor on Twitter and/or on other social media platforms. Each Sweepstakes features its own prizing which is available to be won at different odds of winning. You may enter one or more of the Sweepstakes, as you wish.
- Eligibility: The “Hisense Talking Trash Sunday Football Live Tweeting Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., who are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older). Employees of Hisense USA Corp. (“Sponsor”), CSM Sport and Entertainment, Inc. (“Administrator”), any organizations sponsoring, fulfilling, administering the Sweepstakes , and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies as well as independent contractors/influencers of Sponsor including Mr. Josiah Johnson (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate family and household members of all such foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. In addition, employees of the U.S. Professional Football League and its member teams are not eligible to enter or win the Promotion. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Sunday, January 24, 2021 and ends 10:00 AM ET on Monday, January 25, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
- How To Enter:
During the Promotion Period, Josiah Johnson (@KingJosiah54) will tweet at least one (1) tweet during the Promotion Period promoting the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Tweet”).
Entrants may enter during the Promotion Period via Twitter as follows:
i. follow Sponsor (@Hisense_USA). For the avoidance of doubt, you are not required to follow Josiah Johnson (@KingJosiah54) to enter the Sweepstakes.
ii. Tweet” a response/reply to the Sweepstakes Tweet that includes the hashtags “#HisenseUpgradeSeason” and “#Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Hashtags”) (collectively a “Tweet”).
Hashtags are not case-sensitive. Both Sweepstakes Hashtags must be included as part of your Tweet in order to be eligible.
You may include an additional comment as part of your Tweet, but this is not required, nor will the inclusion of a comment in any way enhance your odds of winning a prize. If you do add a comment, all uses of the word “Tweet” in these Official Rules (as used in conjunction with entries) includes the accompanying comment as well.
Your Tweet that includes the Sweepstakes Hashtags (#HisenseUpgradeSeason and #Sweepstakes) will constitute one (1) entry (“Entry”) into this Sweepstakes.
If you do not have a Twitter account, you can visit https://twitter.com/ or download the Twitter app on a compatible device from the iTunes App Store or Google Play and create a Twitter account according to the instructions on the website/app. Creating a Twitter account is free. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Twitter Terms of Service in order to create a Twitter account.
BY POSTING A TWEET THAT INCLUDES THE SWEEPSTAKES HASHTAGS “#HISENSEUPGRADESEASON” AND “#SWEEPSTAKES”, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT POST A TWEET WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions via Twitter (e.g., including the hashtag #HisenseUpgradeSeason but not including the hashtag #Sweepstakes in your Tweet) will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Tweet must be created for the sole purpose of this Sweepstakes and must be posted by the entrant. To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, Tweets must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth by Twitter.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER SWEEPSTAKES TWEET PER PERSON DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD.
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, IF A PERSON POSTS MULTIPLE TWEETS IN RESPONSE TO THE SAME SWEEPSTAKES TWEET WITHIN THE PROMOTION PERIOD, ONLY THE FIRST TWEET WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR POSSIBLE ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES (AND, IF THE FIRST TWEET DOES NOT INCLUDE THE REQUIRED HASHTAGS OR IS OTHERWISE NOT IN FULL COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE PERSON SUBMITTING SAME MAY NOT RECEIVE AN ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.)
Sweepstakes Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Sweepstakes Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries regardless of cause (including but not limited to the functionality of Twitter). Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All Sweepstakes Entries must be submitted via “tweet” on Twitter in their entirety prior to expiration of the Promotion Period. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
You may only use one (1) Twitter account to participate in the Sweepstakes. All Tweets must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service available at https://twitter.com/en/tos and Twitter Rules and policies available at https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to "protected mode," or “private” your updates/responses may not be visible on the @Hisense_USA account on Twitter may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit @Hisense_USA account to see your Twitter.
If you opt to access Twitter via your wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to the cancellation, postponement, suspension, delay and/or re-scheduling of the U.S. Professional Football League games scheduled to be played on January 24, 2021), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prizes by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise award the prizes in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on the Sponsor’s Josiah Johnson’s Twitter pages; i.e., @Hisense_USA and @KingJosiah54 respectively. Without limitation of any other term herein, Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, technical failures of any kind (including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software), any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic Entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. By submitting an Entry with additional comment, entrant gives permission to Sponsor and its designees and hereby grants Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein “License”) to use entrant's additional comment on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use entrant's additional comment, and make derivative works therefrom, without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Sweepstakes and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor’s products and services, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Such License will be confirmed by potential winner upon Sponsor’s request and potential winner agrees to timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor in its sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. Sponsor’s failure to receive all documentation from all individuals within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of the entry and the selection of another entry in the applicable drawing as a potential winner.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- Content Guidelines: In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules and Twitter, additional comment must not contain any content that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, is profane, obscene, hateful, disparaging, advocates violence or any illegal act, alcohol/drug use, or is otherwise inappropriate, objectionable, infringes on the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion. Without limitation, the preceding includes content that in Sponsor’s/Administrator’s sole judgment adversely affects the business reputation and goodwill of Sponsor or its Hisense brand or is defamatory, slanderous/libelous or otherwise offensive to Mr. Johnson or to the players/teams competing in the applicable U.S. Professional Football League game.
If a Sweepstakes Entry cannot be viewed and/or accessed by Sponsor or Administrator for any reason, such Sweepstakes Entry shall be disqualified without any fault or liability of the Released Parties, as defined below.
5. Random Drawing/Selection of Winners/Notification of Winners: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about January 26, 2021. Drawing will consist of all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. For the avoidance of doubt, if an Entry is otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules (including but not limited to the Content Guidelines in Section 4 above), the content of the additional comment of the Entry will NOT be taken into account in the winner selection process. Drawing will be conducted by CSM Sport and Entertainment, Inc., an independent judging organization/Administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Potential winners will be notified by direct or private message by Sponsor (@Hisense_USA). IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF ENTRANT TO CONFIRM THAT HIS/HER TWITTER PRIVACY SETTINGS ALLOW FOR SPONSOR TO NOTIFY HIM/HER VIA DIRECT MESSAGE IF HE/SHE IS SELECTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER. The direct message will request that the potential winner e-mail the Sponsor/Administrator at the specified e-mail address. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within three (3) business days after notification will result in disqualification.
Potential winners may be required to sign and return, within three (3) business days from date of transmission, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, W-9, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator (collectively, “Winner Documents”). If the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor/Administrator within specified time period, potential winner may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account associated with the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and Odds:
Grand Prizes – (two (2) winners): Each Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) 65” Hisense TV (exact model to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion). ARV of each Grand Prize: $499.99.
First Prizes – (four (4) winners): Each First Prize winner will receive one (1) autographed Rob Gronkowski Jersey. ARV of each First Prize: $149.99.
Autograph does not have a retail value and no representation is made as to any said value.
Second Prizes – (four (4) winners): Each Second Prize winner will receive one (1) Hisense branded bath robe (exact size to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). ARV of each Second Prize: $30.00.
Total ARV of prizes: $1,479.96.
There is a limit of one (1) prize per family, household or address. No substitution or transfer of prizes except with Sponsor’s permission. If for any reason any announced prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Any images of prizes/prize components in advertising are for illustrative purposes only and actual items awarded as prizes/prize components may differ from such images for various reasons; and Sponsor and Administrator disclaim any and all liability in conjunction therewith.
Applicable Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. All costs in conjunction with acceptance and use of prize, including installation and use of wireless capabilities (e.g., costs of obtaining and using necessary software/hardware/network), is the winner’s sole responsibility.
Odds of winning a prize depends on total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities, Twitter, Inc., Mr. Josiah Johnson personally, each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize (including without limitation, any failure to pay applicable taxes thereon).
By accepting a prize, each winner grants Sponsor and its designees permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winners’ list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Sweepstakes subject to the laws of the United States only. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
8. Governing Law, Dispute Resolution: To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the awarding of prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal courts located in Atlanta, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant on the one hand, and Sponsor and/or Administrator on the other, in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
9. Sponsor: Hisense USA Corp., 7310 McGinnis Ferry Rd, Suwanee, GA 30024-1281.
10. Administrator: CSM Sport and Entertainment, Inc., 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
11. Winners’ List: For the names of winners, send an email to email@example.com with “Hisense Talking Trash Sunday Football Live Tweeting Sweepstakes Winners” in the subject line, for receipt no later than 2/12/2021 at 5:00 pm ET.